Since the establishment of Sanya’s first foreign affairs service station at the Dadonghai Tourist Resort area on February 1st, 2013, the station has been doing a good job in the management and service of foreign visitors in the area.
Sanya Foreign Affairs Service Station at Dadonghai Tourist Resort area
The Foreign Affairs Service Station, set up by the Sanya police, provides the district’s foreigners’ personal data management, and offers assistance to expats for various aspect of life.
More than 400,000 overseas visitors stay overnight in Sanya every year, according to Jiang Lang, chief officer of the station. “At present, there are nearly 300 expats living in and around the Dadonghai Tourist Resort area”, he said.
The station launched five measures to provide better servicers to foreign visitors:
1. A card which reminds foreign visitors to register their accommodations at the station within 24 hours is offered upon their arrival at the Dadonghai Tourist Resort area.
2. A police officer will visit each foreign visitor within 24 hours after their accommodation registration.
3. A text message that reminds foreign visitors to renew their visa or residency permit will be sent to every foreign visitor.
4. The station actively promotes Chinese laws and regulations and local policies to help foreign visitors learn more about China’s policies.
5. The station records and updates basic information on the foreign visitors.
The service center also set up a team of foreign language talents who have good command of English, Russian, Japanese, Portuguese, French, and German. Nine foreign volunteers are now working for the center.
Additionally, the service center organizes foreigner-oriented training and activities to ensure that expats can get a wide range of necessary services for daily life and work in the district.
SOURCE: WOS Team